I Stock 1402843441 web

Valuable protection for all your customers

Become part of a nationally recognised association and remain at the forefront of your discipline. Our members enjoy new business opportunities, trusted reputations and high-quality support and contacts. We have 30 years of experience supporting installers and consumers.

As a member of the CPA, you’ll have access to all of the necessary tools to provide your customers with peace of mind and elevate your business.

Homeowners are naturally cautious when parting with their hard-earned cash, especially when it comes to property enhancements and renovation projects. They want to know the job will be done properly and to the highest standard. They carry out their due diligence and research, and this is where becoming a CPA member will help you stand out.

Showcase ethical standards, best practices and instant authority.

Consumer Protection Association


Whose products do you offer?

We only offer products through a single insurer for deposit indemnity and guarantee insurance – if you wish to know their details please contact us.

Which services will you provide me with?

You will not receive advice or a recommendation from us for deposit and indemnity guarantee insurance. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.

Do I need to pay for your services?

No fee for deposit and indemnity guarantee insurance. You will receive a quotation which will tell you about any other fees relating to any particular insurance policy.

Who regulates The CPA?

CPA Consumer Guard Limited, 11 North Bridge Street, Shefford, Bedfordshire, SG17 5DQ is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of insurance mediation activities only. Our FCA number is 306009. Our permitted business is advising on and arranging insurances. You can check this on the FCA’s register by visiting their website: www.fca.org.uk or by contacting them on 0845 606 9966.

What do I need to do if I have a complaint?

If you wish to register a complaint, please contact us. If you can’t settle your complaint with us then you may be entitled to refer it to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Is the CPA covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS)?

Yes. This means that you may be entitled to compensation from the scheme if we can’t meet our obligations. This depends on the type of business and the circumstances of the claim. Insurance advising and arranging is covered for 100% of the first £2,000 and 90% of the remainder of the claim, without any upper limit. Further information about this scheme is available from the FSCS.

Woman painter 02

Join the CPA today

Join thousands of CPA members who are benefitting from our accreditation and support. Win more business, and give customers peace of mind.

Builder laptop

Already a Member?

As a CPA member, you get exclusive access to all our trade resources, including sales and marketing materials to help boost your business.